Windows Support Menu
Testing the modem using Hyperterminal
- Go to Start, Programs, Accessories, HyperTerminal.
- HyperTerminal will ask for a name. (Test will do) Now click OK.
- Next it asked for a phone #. (1234 will work fine) Note: Make sure the selected modem is correct.
- At this screen click Cancel. Note: This will enter terminal, ready for entering AT commands.
- Now you should be able to Type AT commands to the modem. Type: AT (press enter).
- If you have a response of 'OK', the modem should be functioning fine, but this is a Winmodem (60% software) and you will want to double check functionality with a dial test. If you have trouble dialing, you may have some corrupted files and you may need to uninstall and reinstall the WinModem. (Be sure to check the phone line first.)
For more on using Hyperterminal, click HERE