Windows Support Menu
Windows 9X Networking
Configuring the Client for NetWare Networks
You can configure Windows 95 to be a client for a NetWare Network during installation or at any time after setup.
- To configure the Client for NetWare networks
- In Control Panel, double-click the Network icon.
- From the Network Configuration property sheet, click the Add button.
- The Select Network Component Type dialog box displays.
- Double-click Client.
- The Select Network Client dialog box displays.
- In the Manufacturers column, click on Microsoft.
- In the Network Clients column, click on Client for NetWare Networks.
- Click OK.
- The Client for NetWare Networks is added to your network components.
- From the Network Properties, Configuration tab, double-click Client for NetWare Networks.
- The Property sheet displays.
- The information on this sheet needs to be completed.
- Preferred server-Server used for logon and authentication.
- First network drive-NetWare specific drive assignments for MS-DOS and NetWare. Drives F through Z are available for use by NetWare. You may select the lowest drive for NetWare. Which drive to select depends on how many drives are required for MS-DOS-based programs.
- Enable logon script processing-Enables logon scripts.