Windows Support Menu
Windows 9X Devices
Installing a Plug and Play device
- Turn off your computer.
- Connect the device to your computer according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Turn on your computer and start Windows.
- Windows will automatically detect the new Plug and Play device and install the necessary software.
- If Windows does not detect a new Plug and Play device, then the device itself is not working properly, is not installed correctly, or is not installed at all. Do not use the Add New Hardware wizard. The Add New Hardware wizard cannot solve any of the problems noted here.
- If your device is not a Plug and Play device, use the Add New Hardware Icon in Control Panel.