Windows Support Menu
Windows 9X Devices
Removing Hardware Devices
- Right-Click on the My Computer icon on the Desktop
- Click on Properties
- Click on the Device Manager tab.
- Click the plus sign next to the hardware type of the device.
- Click the device you want to remove, and then click Remove.
- In the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK.
- You can also open the System Properties dialog box by clicking Start, pointing to Settings, clicking Control Panel, and then double-clicking System.
- When you remove a device, make sure you also remove the hardware card from your computer so the resources used by the device will be freed and, in the case of a Plug and Play device, it will not be automatically reinstalled the next time you start Windows.